Position: Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Marketing & Events Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time (20 hours/week)
Pay Range: $17-$25 per hour
The Gifford Youth Achievement Center (GYAC) is a nonprofit organization that serves Indian River County by providing a variety of educational, cultural and social opportunities for youth, adults and seniors. GYAC hosts more than 200 students in grades K – 12 through its educational afterschool program and approximately 300 students through its academic summer camp.
GYAC’s Marketing Specialist will assist the Marketing & Events Manager (MEM) by capturing and distributing news and updates that elevates GYAC’s image in the public eye as a superior provider of afterschool education and conveys GYAC’s core values: hope, respect, perseverance, hard work, inclusivity and collaborate. The successful candidate will work with students, teachers and staff to create engaging content that speaks to multiple audiences through several communications channels.
Social Media Content Creation
- Using a combination of graphics, photos, and videos create a variety of content for GYAC’s social media pages: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- In collaboration with the MEM, create a content calendar.
- Share GYAC content to community groups.
- Social listening: Monitor social media for questions, comments, shares, likes, and mentions.
- Create monthly reports of GYAC’s social media accounts.
- Publish and share event listings.
- Explore trends in social media and relay relevant findings to MEM.
In-House Marketing Materials
- Assist in the creation of printed and digital materials for in-house events.
- Organize and maintain inventory of GYAC’s marketing materials.
- Photograph students participating in special events, as well as afterschool and summer activities.
- Photograph staff participating in on and off campus events.
- Download and catalog images for use on a variety of communications channels, including digital and printed material.
- Adhere to the latest no photo list to ensure parents’ privacy preferences are followed.
- Routinely upload photographs to the lobby television using QuickSign.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of GYAC’s special events.
- Organize marketing materials for community outreach events.
- Maintain a calendar of community events and relay special requests to the MEM.
- Basic website editing under the direction of the MEM.
- Assist with copywriting for a variety of communication pieces: press releases, emails, newsletters, flyers, brochures, annual reports, etc.
- Maintain a record of GYAC in the news.
- Relay requests for special projects and printed materials to the MEM.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of graphic design concepts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of AP style a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Basic photo and video editing experience
- Experience with creating and editing graphics in Canva
Twenty hours per week with occasional evenings and weekends.
Education & Experience
High school diploma with some social media and writing experience.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to Stephanie Nelson.
Stephanie Nelson, Marketing & Events Manager